By Matthew MacDonald
Silverlight five is the most recent new release of Microsoft's cross-browser know-how for growing wealthy person studies on the net. Like its predecessor, Silverlight four, it rides atop the .NET Framework for optimum ease of use and coding potency. the recent know-how includes ahead a lot of the paintings that has been performed prior to and augments it in lots of very important respects, together with help for H.264 video, significant advancements to the pictures engine (including real 3D rendering), and masses richer data-binding techniques for interfacing with different applications.
professional Silverlight five in VB is a useful reference for pro builders desirous to observe the hot positive factors of Silverlight. writer Matthew MacDonald's specialist recommendation courses you thru developing wealthy media functions utilizing Silverlight within the atmosphere you're most efficient in—no topic what the objective platform. As you find out about the beneficial properties that placed Silverlight in direct pageant with Adobe Flash, equivalent to wealthy help for 2nd and 3D drawing, animations, and media playback, you'll adventure the plumbing of .NET and the layout version of WPF via Silverlight—all of a similar .NET know-how that builders use to layout next-generation home windows functions.
MacDonald offers a accomplished educational written from expert developer to expert developer.
What you’ll examine
* boost wealthy media functions utilizing Silverlight throughout browsers and structures
* Create a undertaking, organize a format, and use controls
* deal with either 2nd and 3D drawing, animation, and media playback via home windows Presentation origin (WPF)
* combine internet providers aid
* Use Silverlight along side ASP.NET and its interactions with HTML
Who this e-book is for
.NET builders encountering Silverlight for the 1st time. No previous wisdom of WPF or ASP.NET is thought.
desk of Contents * Introducing Silverlight
* Dependency homes and Routed occasions
* the appliance version
* Shapes and Geometries
* Brushes and Transforms
* Sound, Video, and Deep Zoom
* kinds and Behaviors
* Templates and customized Controls
* Browser Integration
* ASP.NET and net providers
* information Binding
* information Controls
* dossier entry
* Out-of-Browser functions