By Glenn Johnson
This is often really a good publication. in truth, Wiley Publishers published four "60 mins an afternoon" books": Java, ASP.NET, XML and VB.NET.
The publication comes with an accompanying web site with audio/visual presentation for every bankruptcy including a PowerPoint presentation in addition to audio. caution: you could in simple terms view the presentation with a excessive pace broadband connection. Dial-up can purely get the audio and occasionally no longer even the audio. the net shows are tremendous, however the price comes from the ebook itself, no longer the net presentation.
I frequently draw back from books with words like "In a weekend", "in 24 hours", "hour-a-day crash path" and so on. you actually cannot study a brand new programming language in a number of hours. besides the fact that, those BOOKS ARE AN EXCEPTION. The authors do not attempt to persuade you so that you can count on to profit ASP.NET utilizing visible Basic.NET in a weekend. in case you do all of the classes (some of that may take a section greater than an hour) plus attempt to do a couple of unique purposes by yourself, from scratch, you'll get an exceptional origin of the topics being taught.
I personal either the VB.NET and the ASP.NET (which can be VB.NET established) books and steered them to my scholars who desired to examine visible Basic.NET.
This books is designed for those who shouldn't have the money or the time to wait a dwell, in-class direction on ASP.NET utilizing visible Basic.NET. The authors count on, upfront, many of the questions you could ask to a reside teacher for those who have been studying ASP.NET in a lecture room atmosphere. in keeping with the authors, they've got taken their very own adventure as teachers and positioned that have into the booklet. it really works lovely well.
(1) the booklet does not conceal every little thing approximately .NET or approximately ASP.NET or in regards to the .NET Framework. it is offers a self-study, introductory direction on ASP.NET. in the event you whole the e-book, then you definitely could be more healthy to tackle a few extra complicated issues resembling the main points of ADO.NET (an complete topic in itself, try out Murach Publisher's Murach's VB.NET Database Programming with ADO.NET by way of Doug Lowe, Anne Prince - ISBN: 1890774197 for that) and WinForms( try out Wiley Publisher's VB.NET in 60 mins an afternoon Bruce Barstow, Tony Martin ) (2) the web shows are just to be had to broadband subscribers. even if, even with no the video clips, this may be a very good introductory ebook for newcomers who can't take a school room direction on internet improvement utilizing VB.NET and ASP.NET.
Read Online or Download ASP.NET in 60 Minutes a Day PDF
Best visual basic books
Even if you are a newbie, strength person, or pro specialist, home windows Vista: The Definitive advisor has every little thing you want to customise the working method, grasp your electronic media, deal with your facts, and keep your laptop -- despite which home windows Vista version you are using.
Why this e-book and never another source? Bestselling writer and home windows professional William Stanek does not simply train you the stairs you must keep on with, he additionally tells you the way positive aspects paintings, why they paintings, and the way you could customise them to satisfy your wishes. you are going to how you can squeeze out each final little bit of strength out of home windows Vista, and the way to take advantage of out of its good points and courses, together with how to:
- organize, customise and song home windows Vista - Optimize its visual appeal and function; set up, configure and retain software program; customise your undefined; and set up printers, scanners and faxes
- deal with your documents - seek your laptop extra successfully; safe your records and information; proportion and collaborate; and get the main out of add-ons equivalent to the Mobility Center
- grasp your electronic media - Create media libraries with Media participant; deal with electronic photographs and video clips with photograph Gallery; make DVDs with DVD Maker; and create videos with motion picture Maker
- Get hooked up and begin networking - arrange a house or small-office community; learn how to use home windows Mail, Calendar, and assembly house; triumph over net Explorer 7; and grasp on-the-go networking
- safeguard your laptop - continue your loved ones secure whereas on the web; manage parental controls and content material rankings; navigate the pc safety maze; configure home windows Vista's safeguard features
- deal with and help home windows Vista structures - care for person debts, disks and drives; deal with regimen upkeep and troubleshooting; and unravel complicated help and restoration issues
- examine complex information & concepts - deal with the home windows boot atmosphere, discover crew coverage, become aware of keyboard shortcuts, and lots more and plenty extra
Visible easy . web: A Laboratory direction Teaches The Reader how one can software In visible easy From An Object-Oriented standpoint, that is very important as a result of Object-Oriented taste Of VB. internet. The Emphasis Of This e-book isn't at the Fancy clients Interface methods you could practice With VB. internet, yet at the basics Of Writing right And effective VB courses.
"Today, no finished Excel programmer can come up with the money for to be with no John's publication. the price of Excel 2003 strength Programming with VBA is double so much different books-simultaneously the ultimate reference and top studying software for Excel VBA. "--Loren Abdulezer, writer of Excel top Practices for BusinessEverything you must recognize about:* growing stellar UserForms and customized conversation field choices * operating with VBA subprocedures and serve as systems * Incorporating event-handling and interactions with different functions * construction elementary toolbars, menus, and aid structures * Manipulating documents and visible uncomplicated parts * figuring out classification modules * dealing with compatibility issuesFeel the facility of VBA and ExcelNo you possibly can discover Excel's hidden features like "Mr.
Welcome to the period of software program reuse! Microsoft company Library is helping speed up improvement via offering reusable elements and assistance on confirmed practices. for those who construct functions that run at the Microsoft . web Framework, whether or not they are enterprise-level company functions or perhaps rather modest home windows® kinds, home windows Presentation origin (WPF), home windows conversation origin (WCF), or ASP.
- Electronic concepts : an introduction
- Introducing Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 for developers
- Ivor Horton's beginning Visual C++ 2005
- Real World Enterprise Reports Using VB6 and VB .NET
Extra info for ASP.NET in 60 Minutes a Day
When adding users, notice that the password is optional. If the password is left blank, the user will not be prompted for a password. Add an account for each user who will be accessing Visual SourceSafe. Be sure that the user account matches the Windows Logon account. If you are careful to add a unique account for each user who will be checking files into and out of Visual SourceSafe, you will be able to see who made the changes to file, and who has files checked out. NET Development Environment Setup In this lab, you will set up your development environment.
After you install your first instance (Default instance), you can install additional instances to have isolated copies of SQL Server on your machine. The primary benefit of creating new instances of SQL Server is to have isolated administration. There is a small performance hit associated with creating multiple instances of SQL Server on a machine. Assign Service Account. If you select the option for using the Local System account, you will not be able to debug SQL stored procedures. It’s good to assign an account to these services, because if SQL Server needs to access any external resources, such as a file on a remote machine, or an email system, the assigned account is the account that will be used for authorization.
4 Domain configuration of ServiceAccount in domain environment. Installation Selection. Allows you to create a new instance of SQL Server or upgrade or remove existing components. Installing an instance of SQL Server is similar to creating an isolated copy of SQL Server on your machine. After you install your first instance (Default instance), you can install additional instances to have isolated copies of SQL Server on your machine. The primary benefit of creating new instances of SQL Server is to have isolated administration.